Tuesday, June 29

Achtun Liebe!

I've spent the day doing research on a possible work opportunity and have to admit that wikipedia and industry glossary lists have had to become my best friend.

I know that not everything in wikipedia is factually correct, but I'd like to think that this one is:

Bars in the Veltins-Arena, a major football ground in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, are interconnected by a 5 km long beer pipeline. It is the favorite method for distributing beer in such large stadiums, because the bars have to overcome big differences between demands during various stages of a match; this allows them to be supplied by a central tank.

Now, if you have to cheer for Germany (and I do, cuz they gave England a spanking yesterday and sent them home crying), then where better to watch football?

Oh..well, and there are other blessings in Germany.....




Achtun Liebe!!


OKAY OKAY!!! Before you call the spca to put down this cougar, I will, in my own defence state that this baby goal keeper (Manuel Neuer) is the complete doppelganger of my long ago boyfriend in University. Oliver was the guy I would have married. And, I was 24 back then too, ya know! I'd have been divorced in ten years, but oh well....


On a slightly serious note, folks, Ollie has been on my mind a lot in the last week or so...He's married with kids now so we are not in touch. But, when someone comes to mind so much, I wonder why. I hope he is well and all is fine. I'm sending thoughts out to him now and if you feel like sending him some good vibes too...please do.


sweet dreams my lovelies
xx

14 comments:

Carla said...

Cheers to Germany. You have just added reasons why they tickle the cockles of my heart.

boneman said...

funny thing...
HA!
What would have happened if...

Hard telling, to be sure.
But...as far as wikipedia?
It isn't that it's not always factual, but rather that information IN isn't always well researched.
That means nothing to folks who want some basic splinters to continue their research.

I end there a lot.
Actors, actresses, people of station...I can get dates from them, although I think Queen Elizabeth turned me down way too fast. I can be polite, and I've heard I'm entertaining, too.
(not that kind of dates...)
oh.
Yes, well, whatever.
Sometimes I get better direction from wikipedia than many others, and then, I also check those out.

Pink said...

Carla,

Long live Germany!

xx

Pink said...

Boney

I think an investigative trip to Germany is in order - for verification purposes, only, of course!

xx

puerileuwaite said...

Decorum precludes me from sending good vibes to guys. Even one with a marginally masculine name like Oliver.

xoxox

- Pug (The Artful Dodger) Puerileuwaite

boneman said...

There are wonders in Germany that will capture your heart...sights that will stay with you your whole life.
You know, Foam and I actually became better friends when we correctly guessed each other's photos one day.
I had a picture of the road leading up to Hohenecken Castle (a turret, three walls, some steps and a gate. Not even enough to set as a tourist attraction) and she had a picture of her and one of her friends standing in front of one of the walls there.
It was the bricks, I think that gave it away.
And for her, I think the layers of leaves left behind for a thousand years...
Germany.
We had been at the same place, ten years separated (OK, so I'm old...)
and yet we remembered some of the same things.
An "escape" tunnel leading from the base of the last rise that led right close to the castle.
The twenty mile hike along the ridge of the mountain to the next village...
She was the luckier of us, though, having gotten to be there longer than 18 months.

Pink said...

Dear Artful Dodger: xxooxx

:)

Pink said...

Boney - Germany is great. I spent about a month travelling there 20 years ago. Oliver was from Dusseldorf so I went and met his family (without him, unfortunately). I liked the black forest, but Berlin was the best. That was a couple of years before the wall came down. Checkpoint Charlie was a real thing. Even went to the East Berlin side and saw Faust with the Berliner Ensemble.


I like Austria, perhaps, a little better. Vienna is a favourite. But I love that part of the world. Fresh, pristine, and (fortunately or unfortunately) no live bears.

xx
pinks

foam said...

did somebody say beer?
i'm here!
let's go!
yep, and boney is right.
it kind of blew me away that he recognized the old castle brick wall behind me .. lol ..
i also was in berlin before the wall came down (mid 80s). nothing like having a checkpoint charlie guard pointing his rifle towards you ..

Ur-spo said...

I liked him too.

The Phosgene Kid said...

look at it this way, when you go to the car dealer, you don't buy the oldest heap on the lot, you head for the new models. Unfortunately I am waiting for the tow truck to haul me to the scrap yard...

Pink said...

Foam - lets go!!!! I loved Germany's game today and Ducky in his yellow had velcro on his hands!

Ein Prosit! Ein Prosit!

xx
pinks

Pink said...

Spo - I'll share. A little ;)

xx

Pink said...

Phos - :( I'm the old truck!

LOL

I think you're right - men have been oogling young women forever. Why can't a woman over 40 oogle a man in his prime :) Its only fair!

xx
pinks