Friday, March 13

Gratitude, Joy, Oneness and Service (Day 205)

I'm going to make this short because I've had no sleep again.  A long time and dear friend lost her mother last night.  I've spent tonight trying to find out what she wants in terms of me coming to be with her or not and in trying to really think about what I can afford to do.

Life is so short. 

So on that note here goes:

1. I am grateful that my friend M - got to spend the final months with her mother.  She was able to be there, for months, with her father when he died, and that was just after we met.  It is rare that a child has the opportunity to nurse both parents in their final days.  It has been so hard on her but I am grateful for both M- and M's mum that they had that time together.

2. I am grateful that I was able to spend time on chat with M- last night and supporting her from afar.  I was able to get her to get into bed and to try to get a little sleep.

3. I am grateful for a friendship with M- that has lasted 20 years.  We've had our ups and downs and been there to a greater or lesser extent for one another as our lives have limited us.  But she was there for me in some of my darkest days and I have been there for her.  More, we have laughed and loved life together.  There are a handful of friends...I am thinking of them now...and I realise that it is more than a handful...that I would consider my dearest friends.  I am very fortunate that I have such good long lasting friendships.

Joy - It was a joy to see the blossoms in Richmond today when I left the doctors office.  How can you not feel joy at the sight of cherry blossoms?

Oneness - Last night I had a coaching session with someone new.  I felt a deep sense of oneness in that session.  I also had a sense of oneness with someone I hardly know as I became aware of just how confident I am in my vision of my future work that is beginning to unveil itself to me.  I am becoming one with the universe in terms of understanding what it is I am meant to do next.

Service - I had an incredibly powerful reiki session for M- last night.  I don't think I have ever felt the energy in my hands so powerfully - not that I can recall at least.  I will continue to send reiki.  There are moments in life like this when we really must step outside of ourselves and be there for the one we love.  And that oneness leads to natural service.

A couple of photos...if I go to the USA in the next couple of days, it may be difficult to post...I will still write down the gratitude postings and put them up as and when and in whatever manner I find possible dependant on the availability of wifi.






No comments: