Friday, July 17

Gratitude, Joy, Oneness and Service (Day 333)

I had an argument with the computer today and the whole blog got messed up.  Apparently the computer won.  Well...moi ha ha ha...a few template changes later and the cache that was botching everything up?  Gone.  I hope forever....

So here goes:

1. I am grateful I finally managed to get the post about Alicia sorted.  I had it all done and made one small change - blammo!!  3 hours later and the whole blog seems to be fixed again.  I am also grateful that there is an alternative to blogger and I will be moving to a new site for the new year (ie post 365 days).

2. I am grateful that I got through a lot of my to do list today despite having a lot of writing to catch up.  More to do on Monday but there is much to do around this gratitude work!  I am excited about it and looking forward to sharing more news soon. 

3. I am grateful for ice cubes you can buy in a bag.  It was a bit melty in my room today where I was working and having the option to drink water with lovely ice cubes is not to be underrated.  I couldn't wait for new ones to freeze for heavens sake and so I am grateful that the shop at the end of my road sells them by the bag.

Joy - It was nothing less than a eureka moment when the blog stopped auto formatting all posts to link to a particular photo (why - I will never know) and the cache cleared.  You would hardly believe that I was a systems engineer at the time when the internet first was invented.  I kinda didn't keep up with advances after I left IBM.

Oneness - writing the first in a series of articles celebrating individuals who make a difference, I got to write an introduction about Alicia and thinking about meeting in Singapore and meeting in Tanzania and meeting in Zurich and London and being at her graduation last year?  Wow - some of my most amazing memories were made with her.  Alicia has so many friends because she is a wonderful woman and I am grateful that we have been a part of one another's lives for 13 years.  I look forward to many more years of memories even though life has changed and it becomes more difficult to meet, I am looking forward to seeing her again.  I'm guessing next time will be me going to Singapore.

Service - My sister was moved out of intensive care today.  I am glad of that but also a bit worried because that means that she has no longer got a dedicated nurse.  Someone I know only through the internet contacted me tonight also and asked for healing and prayers for someone and so I did a longer than normal healing tonight for Mary and for the person requested.

No photos today, as I was rather immersed in battle with the blogger. 

xx

No comments: