Thursday, August 13

Gratitude, Joy, Oneness and Service (Day 358)

Oops..I am late posting this.....I did write it on the train, but forgot to post it to the blog.  Hopefully having only one platform in the future will help with that. 
-----
Today was a whirlwind again. At one point, I was chatting to a designer in LA about logos, my flatmate sitting right beside me was trying to show me a comic video, I was chatting with a street artist about his bio, a curator about art and street art and trying to write.  No, I don't multitask well.  I have a headache now.

1. I am grateful to C.Michael Frey for such a rapid turnaround on designing a logo for the new platform. He knows me very well and so he was able to produce three options that were all terrific. He walked the fine lime between spiritual and religious and we ended up with something that hints at the book to come. I couldn't be happier. 

2. I am grateful that my playlist is almost done. I have enough music for the event should Dan end up with laryngitis but I am hoping that Dan Shears will play a set for us on Sunday.  I have really offbeat musical taste so producing a playlist that might appeal to everyone has not been easy. Who would have thought that would be one of my biggest challenges in throwing a party? I am not cool, but the Cheese reminded me today that nerds are in, so that makes me the coolest person on the planet. (Thanks, Cheese!) 

3. I am grateful that I got to chat with my sister today at home. I am so grateful that she is out of hospital and continuing treatment. It looked really grim for awhile. 

Joy - it was a delight to receive a photograph of my friend's kitchen at that moment.  Her grandson was covered in spaghetti-o type pasta from tip to toe. I was grateful that I didn't have to clean that up!

Oneness - I barely looked up from my computer today. I don't like days like this. They make my mind and my heart feel compressed. If you haven't figured it out from the past few weeks, I need space. When I am compressed, it is hard to feel at one with anything greater than myself.  I did have a moment or two of nice connection with G- over messenger today.  He has been a delightful surprise in my world in the past month. And, feeling grateful for my sister's recovery reminds me of how important loved ones are. 

Service - I made a playlist! 

Alas...no photos today.

No comments: