Tuesday, August 11

Gratitude, Joy, Oneness and Service (Day 357)

Today I struggled, with not having had enough sleep, but in the end, I produced a lot of um...well if not great work...at least results.

1. I am grateful that NWe- from the Happiness charity with whom I do some work made time to meet with me today.  We discussed my running one of their courses, setting up a group overseas, aligning my work with theirs and doing some writing for them.  It is all a bit on hold while people are on holiday for the next few weeks, but at least we are beginning to progress and it is looking positive.

2. I am grateful that I laughed a few times today.  My flatmate Lk- read me the latest from 27Bslash6 website.  We laugh at those emails.  I also had a moment when I saw a piece of art by Six1Six on the street in Shoreditch that made me laugh aloud on the street.  When you see the piece, you will see that my response only added to the macabre effect.

3. I am grateful that I had a chicken in the fridge waiting to be roasted for Lk- and I to eat for dinner.  It is easy to cook and tasted so yummy at the end of a long day of writing.

Joy - It was a joy to laugh with Lk- tonight.  He has been low energy for a few days and I've had my head up the bottom of my new platform for the same amount of time and it was good to laugh with him.  Lk- read me one that made him laugh so hard, he cried and couldn't finish reading it to me for the longest time.

Oneness - As I was coming home tonight, I noticed that despite the rain, the sky to the west was a beautiful shade of pink and orange.  It was then that I realised that I haven't watched the sunset in weeks.  I need to find some way to get some space back in nature where I can experience a sense of awe and something greater than myself.  I have been dreaming lately at night about my space being invaded and I think that is largely due to a lack of space in my life.  Clearly, I need a lot of space in my life. 

I didn't have time to go to the river tonight (nor did I really want to sit there in the rain) but I did make a point to stop and take in the colours of the sky.  Involuntarily, I felt myself take a deep breath and let it go.  Just that gave me a little bit of what I needed.

Service - Today I was busy - very busy - with meetings and then writing.  I was very tired because I hadn't slept much the night before and so it was a struggle to write content for the new platform.  Despite the mental pain, I just kept at it and managed to knock off a few things that needed doing but weren't particularly taxing.  I need to do some research tomorrow so I can complete the pieces that I can.  I will say that there was a lot of sighing, holding my head and pulling at my hair today.  Writing is not fun on a deadline but as none of this is being monetized and the things I am writing are intended to be of use to others, I consider the whole day to be one of service.  Soon I need to get some income coming in again.  But I don't want to risk losing what I've regained...

A photo of the comical piece by Six1Six


No comments: